These oats are soaked in almond milk and chia seeds overnight for a thick and creamy, nutritious base. But the flavors are what leave you especially warm and fuzzy: vanilla, cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg and a little honey to sweeten the deal.
Your clients will love these overnight oats. And you’ll love that they are dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free and vegan.
These Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats are…
On-the-go? 250 ml mason jars are the perfect fit. Layer the overnight oats with fresh apple chunks and chopped walnuts, and the result is glorious.
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Time: 8 hours (overnight)
- 1.5 cups Oats
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsps Honey (or Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Apple (cored and diced)
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- Combine oats, almond milk, chia seeds, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and water in a large glass container. Stir well to evenly mix. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge. Use single-serving size jars (250 mL or 500 mL in size) and place a few spoonfuls of the oat mixture in the bottom of each. Then add a layer of diced apple followed by a layer of chopped walnuts. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Store in the fridge up to 4 days or until ready to eat. Add an extra splash of almond milk and/or a drizzle of honey (optional).
Warm It Up – Heat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds before eating
Vegan – Use maple syrup instead of honey
More Protein – Add hemp seeds or a spoonful of nut butter